Skip to main content

A Brief Explanation for this Site's Existence


When someone hears the word "philosophy," he or she tends to think about a bunch of complicated thoughts regarding abstract topics. As a result, philosophy has a connotation of "confusion."
I don't need to explain what philosophy is, it's etymology, why it's important, etc. You can find that pretty much anywhere with a simple google search. I want to explain why this site exists.

My first experience with philosophy was a book called "The Philosophy Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained." For each section, there would be a small diagram consisting of a boxes with a few words and arrows connecting the boxes, thereby creating a chain of ideas. These diagrams were able to summarize the pages worth of paragraphical information that the book contained, thus proving to be a very useful gadget.

Fast forward to the 2020 quarantine, I had a lot of time. I decided to look into philosophy again, something I neglected to pursue during the school year. And when I started reading about all the different philosophers again, I wanted to find a way to organize what I had read, or else I would quickly lose it all to a blurry memory. I remembered the diagrams I saw: clear and concise organizational structure. Thus, I started making diagrams out of the philosophers I read.

Since philosophy exists because of individual philosophers, I chose to make diagrams outlining and explaining individual philosophers' thoughts. With this purpose, the website was produced.